Nuorten Palvelu ry in English
Nuorten Palvelu ry is a national, politically independent youth work organization in Finland. We support young people in their everyday lives and promote their well-being. Our aim is that every young person has someone who listens and cares.
Nuorten Palvelu was founded in 1969 and throughout our 50-year history, we have focused on ensuring that young people are able to live balanced, healthy, and self-determined lives in safe environments and communities.
Our office is located in Kuopio. We also have member organizations around the country.
Volunteer, professional and development work play a central role in our activities which include ways to:
- maintain and improve the everyday well-being of young people
- prevent social exclusion of young people
- reach young people who are in danger of social exclusion
- help young people who suffer from loneliness and feel left out of the community.
Nuorten Palvelu has been a pioneer in developing new forms of outreach youth work in Finland, and we continue to create and develop new tools and methods for youth work.
Our work consists of:
- supporting and activating young people to volunteer
- supporting young people and their families in situations where extra support is needed
- promoting healthy lifestyles and a sense of community
- operating as an umbrella organization for local organizations that arrange activities for young people
- influencing and lobbying on matters that concern young people with fewer opportunities.
Nuorten Palvelu has three main areas of focus:
- Nuorten reviireillä, youth work in commercial spaces such as shopping centres
- Zemppari, volunteer activity to promote young people’s everyday well-being
- Etsivä Nettityö, outreach youth work in digital environments.